Intraoral Video Camera
Gendex Concept IV Intraoral Camera
Another highly technical digital tool used by Dr. Beougher and the hygiene department is the intraoral digital video camera. The tiny device is a video camera that moves around inside the mouth and generates a tooth by tooth video exam. The images can be stored and later enlarged and printed.
As it is difficult to see inside your mouth the intraoral camera provides a previously unseen magnified view. The pen-sized camera features a disposable cover to prevent contamination and is completely safe and painless to use. As the camera moves around the mouth it sends video images to a computer which is then displayed on a monitor. The images can then be viewed by both the doctor and patient. Using the intraoral camera allows the patient to better understand their needs by seeing what the dentist sees, while having it explained.
Since the intraoral camera generates images that are stored enlarged and analyzed, often dental problems can be caught in their early stages. Once treatment options are discussed and agreed upon, our intraoral camera can be used to effectively track treatment progress.
The digital images allow us to:
- Provide a higher standard of care for our patients
- Help detect cavities and fractured teeth
- Evaluate the condition of existing restorations under high magnification
- Provide documentation for insurance claims
- Properly inform and educate our patients
- Visually observe hard to see areas of the mouth
- Document and monitor dental problems
For more information about our high technology intraoral cameras visit www.gendex.com.
DIAGNOdent™ Cavity Detector
Our office utilizes the highly advanced DIAGNOdent™ cavity detector. As more and more patients value healthy and attractive teeth, earlier cavity detection is essential. Even very small lesions are detected at the earliest stage, enabling our patients to preserve and protect valuable tooth substance.
Benefits of the Kavo DIAGNOdent™
- Provides a higher standard of care for our patients with early cavity detection.
- Permits use of minimally invasive treatments without unnecessary preparation.
- Allows the quantification of caries activity over time with a precise and reliable measurement.
- Allows the doctors and hygienists to detect suspicious areas needing further examination.
- Extremely accurate diagnostic aid. Proven to be over 90% accurate.
- Simple, fast, and painless examination.
- No unnecessary x-ray exposure.
For more information about DIAGNOdent™ view www.kavousa.com.