Gendex X-Ray Sensor
Thanks to new technology we are able to take x-rays with up to 90% less radiation than from older conventional equipment. Dr. Beougher utilizes advanced digital x-ray sensors by Gendex. Designed with our patient’s comfort and safety in mind, the Gendex x-ray sensor’s special drop-like shape, smooth and round corners follow the anatomical shape of the oral cavity, simplifying sensor positioning and optimizing patient comfort. The ergonomic shape allows accurate sensor positioning and provides precise digital results.
Are Dental X-Rays Safe?
Dental x-rays are a common procedure and extremely safe. Digital x-rays may emit low-doses of radiation, which is harmless. At Willow Bend Dental, we are well-trained and take all necessary precautions for dental x-rays in Plano, TX. So, you have nothing to worry about.
How Often Are Dental X-Rays Recommended?
There is no specific recommendation for the number of dental x-rays a patient can get. According to the American Dental Association, an adult with good oral health should have x-rays taken at intervals of every 24 to 36 months. Your dentist will only recommend a dental x-ray if it’s really needed. So, you should trust your doctor’s discretion.
The Advantages of Digital X-Rays
At times, tooth decay is clearly visible, and in fact, you can spot them yourself by looking in a mirror. But sometimes, tooth decay, cavities, and other oral problems in hard-to-see areas of the mouth are not identifiable by the naked eye. Therefore, dental x-rays help to easily and quickly discover such issues.
At Willow Bend Dental, we are equipped with Digital X-ray machine, which is superior to its traditional counterpart And here’s how:
- Up to 90% less radiation than older conventional equipment
- Ergonomic shape provides maximum patient comfort
- Instant imaging allows Dr. Beougher to carry out the best treatment in cases where time is critical (root canals, Implantology, and oral surgery)
- Eliminates need for film development and hazardous liquid disposal
- Superior diagnostic qualities
- Images are easily shared for insurance needs
- It’s much easier to use with a lower need for retakes
- The image quality is much better and clearer, which makes it easier to diagnose the problem.
- The patients don’t have to go into a dark room to get an x-ray.
- It’s a lot more affordable than traditional x-rays
- You can get a digital copy that’s more convenient to store than a film x-ray.
For more information about digital x-rays, please contact our office.